About AERODIUM Technologies
AERODIUM is the inventor of wind tunnels for human flight. It was founded in 1979 in Canada by inventor Jean St. Germain. Later the company was acquired by Ivars Beitans and since 2008 it continues as AERODIUM Technologies with the current headquarters in Riga, Latvia.
Design – AERODIUM puts a focus on design of tunnel and support premises as it has a significant impact on overall flight experience and turns flying into an unforgettable adventure.
Innovations – over the years, the company has accumulated strong technology competence. It has come up with several inventions and has applied for multiple unique patents related to safety, efficiency, and design.
Shows and movies – no other company in this field has acquired so many projects related to show business and movie industry. AERODIUM has worked with Disney, Marvel, Paramount Pictures, and Warner Brothers.
Under the leadership of Ivars Beitans AERODIUM has introduced these industry changing inventions:
- First wind tunnel for show applications in Turin Olympic Games (2006) that created a market for wind tunnel shows and events;
- First round-shape tempered glass chamber that significantly improved flyer experience and safety (2009);
- First indoor B.A.S.E. jumping chamber that extended tunnel applications for pro flyers and paratroopers allowing them to master new skills (2012);
- World’s biggest open tunnel, AERODIUM Peryton, used for the filming of “Mission Impossible: Fallout”. It completely redefined the concept and experience of open-air tunnels (2017).
By choosing AERODIUM you will join their family and will be part of their accomplishments.
- Engineering (custom-design)
- Manufacturing and Installation
- Franchising and Operations
- Shows and Rentals
- Consulting and Training
- Military Projects
Tunnel Types Offered
For shows and events or seasonal operations
For permanent operations
in urban areas (warm climate)
For shooting flying scenes, for breathtaking shows, ultimate playground for skydivers
For family entertainment centres, experience and beginner flights
Compact technology for integration into shopping malls
International competition standard for ultimate indoor skydiving
AERODIUM Technologies Wind Tunnels (38)
Key: Announced Under Construction Open to the Public