British Indoor Skydiving Nationals 2022
February 12, 2022 to February 13, 2022
The British Indoor Skydiving Nationals will determine which teams and individuals will go on to represent GB in the forthcoming World Cup.
iFLY Basingstoke will host this prestigious event, wholly supporting the overall promotion and development of Indoor Skydiving as an inclusive global sport.
As such, the competition is open to flyers of all ages, all abilities, all experience levels and all nationalities.*
Competitors do not require skydiving experience (outdoors) to take part.
All competition categories will be professionally judged and include:
- FS AAA
- FS AA
- FS A
- FS Rookie
- 2 Way Dynamic
- 4 Way Dynamic
*Whilst all nationalities are welcome, only those legitimately eligible to attain a sporting license to represent GB and who have not represented any other country in the last 2 years, may progress to the World Championships on behalf of GB.
(All times are approximations and are subject to change)
12th February – Saturday
- 07:30 – 21:00 Food available
- 07:30 – Speed settings: Each team can to fly 1 rotation of 2 minutes each. This is to calibrate and decide your wind speed during the competition. This is not mandatory but if you haven’t flown at Basingstoke, it is strongly advised. To register for speed settings you need to inform reception before 07:30 on Saturday 12th Jan so we can allocate you a slot.
- 09:30 – Opening ceremony in the tunnel viewing area
- 10:30 – First round starts FS and VFS
- 13:30 – Dynamic and freestyle round 1 starts
- 19:00 – Finish for the day.
- 19:00 – Party with food and drinks will be available.
13th February – Sunday
- 08:00 – Finish – Food available
- 10:00 – Flying starts
- 13:00 – Flying finishes
- 14:00 – Prize giving
- Director: Adam Mattacola
- Event Manager: Liam Byrne
- iFLY Basingstoke General Manager: Tracy Goffin
Professional judges and systems will be in place for all disciplines and categories.
- Formation Skydiving & Artistic disciplines: Intime Scoring System
- Dynamic Flying disciplines: Dynamr
- Winners will qualify for future FAI First Class Events – including the forthcoming Indoor Skydiving World Championships
- Podium finishers (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) will receive medals in commemoration of their achievement.
As provided by the FAI (Federation Aeronautique Internationale), rules are as follows:
- FS AAA
- FS AA
- FS A
- FS Rookie
- Freestyle: 5 x 1 minute Free rounds will be flown with the cumulative score from the judges as the winner. No compulsories will be flown. You are not required to fly any compulsories.
A video submission of your free routine is not required, Music will not be scored. All other FAI rules apply.
- 2 Way Dynamic – The FAI format will be used for the tournament and knock out rounds, except all rounds will be speed rounds only.
- 4 Way Dynamic – The FAI format will be used for the tournament and knock out rounds, except all rounds will be speed rounds only.
- Head down Inface snake
- Head down mix snake
- Head up Inface snake
- Head up mix snake
- Head up switching snake
- Back layout
- Head down 360
- Heas up 360
- Head down Inface circles
- Head up Inface circles
- Mix circles
- Reverse mix circles
- Mix shuffler
- Head up shuffler
More information available at iflyworld.co.uk/british-indoor-skydiving-nationals-2022.
Travel & Accommodation
Heathrow Airport (LHR)